From: Darin Steffl
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 11:17 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CenturyLink installing these

Chuck,

Can you provide some scenarios where an ILEC is required to build? For example
on that 20 mile build. Was there not already copper in the ground for voice
service? I know an ILEC is required to provide voice but are they actually
required to build to that customer at no charge to them for capital build?
Internet is not required to be built with USF, just voice correct?

So for that 20 mile build, there were no other homes on that span and I'm
assuming no usable copper so fiber was the logical choice? How was the build
funded and justified? New home on some ranch in Montana or something?

Small ILEC or big one like century link? I wouldn't think century link would
ever build 20 miles to anyone at no cost to the end user.

Trying to learn more about this.

Thanks