AR platform is interesting just because of the sheer variations. 12in
barrel, 22 in barrel, folding stock, fixed stock, pistol grip, grenade
launcher, underslung breeching shotgun, cqb sights, magnifiers, long range
optics, cartridge variations (.22 to .50), IR pointers, IR illuminators,
etc.

Tavor works well for CQB (short) without sacrificing velocity, which is why
the IDF like it so much.