From: Adam Moffett
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:29 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Airplane Carryon Electronics Ban

Wikipedia has a couple of fun lists:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_hijackings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_airliner_bombing_attacks

In 1970-1972 hijackings were an almost monthly occurrence.
January 1973 is when the FAA started requiring security checkpoints.  There
were only 12 US flights hijacked in the 30 years following that.

So I guess the security is useful in general, but where do you stop?  The
perfectly secure flight would require everyone to strip naked, submit to cavity
search and full body x-ray, wear an airline provided gown for the duration of
the flight, and put all of their belongings into a bomb proof cargo hold.