High level, think fiber to the pole and wireless last few hundred meters.
Basically everything is street level in that case.

You can do fixed wireless off of 60GHz and maybe 5GHz. Wi-Fi then for best
effort service.

One thing to keep in mind is that in a lot of cities, half the folks don't
have broadband at home. Wi-Fi service could be the economical solution. :-)

60GHz is for achieving gigabit levels of service.

Hal

Harold Bledsoe