Some fitness centers have corporate discounts for anyone that works for company. Some just give the discounts outright and some need a minimum number of employees. A hospital I used to work for arranged for 15% discounts from Verizon for employees. They also gave hospital wide bonuses if certain financial parameters were met for the year. Back in the day the bonuses could be rather large.

Paul McCall wrote:

OK,

Our WISP, Florida Broadband, has reached the point where we need to start addressing employee needs for the long term. I have some good “guys” and don’t want to lose them because of not taking good care of them. Most of them are relatively young and health insurance hasn’t been needed, but its still nice to have if I can find any way to afford it. Plus there are many other considerations rattling around in my cranial vault.

So, my points of concern are:

Health Insurance – what creative options can be used?, what % of coverage is employee contributed?, what levels of coverage are typically offered?

401Ks – same type questions, is at a % contribution that the company would match?, other create elements ?

Life Insurance – I understand some tower companies (we are not one) – purchase a small life insurance policy for the employer as a benefit

(one employee who climbs occasionally) used to work for a tower company that had a $ 50K policy for each person

Other benefits or perks – I feel this can be a big one – interested to see what creative things can be done in this area.

Thanks in advance for sharing what you have found successful

Paul

Paul McCall, President

PDMNet, Inc. / Florida Broadband, Inc.

658 Old Dixie Highway