When I participated in a companies reimbursement program they forgave a certain amount for time spent with the company. You couldn't just take the money and run.

Chuck McCown wrote:
I train them. If they leave to better themselves then that is a good thing. I have toyed with the idea that if they leave within 12 months they owe me back a pro rata amount of the cost of training.
*From:* Steve Jones
*Sent:* Thursday, May 11, 2017 12:49 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Employee Retention - Benefits, Insurance, etc.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/cfo-what-happens-we-them-leave-ceo-dont-stay-canary-wharf
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Sterling Jacobson <sterl...@avative.net> wrote:

    That's a really good benefit.

    But it's also a double-edged sword.

    I agree with that policy 1000 percent, but it can also quickly
    lead your employees to other, better paying/benefit jobs because
    they have increased their worth.

    So although I'm very for that, as a business owner I would advise
    against it unless you are also prepared to increase their
    compensation and benefits to retain them.