I had a new employee demand to be able to surf porn at work. They were in the process of becoming a Caitlyn and said it was a therapeutic necessity...

My business partner forced us to hire this person. None of the techs wanted to do training. Then there were personal hygiene and smell issues.

I still have PTSD from that event.

-----Original Message----- From: Justin Wilson
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:16 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Employee Retention - Benefits, Insurance, etc.

Things I have looked for in an employer.

1.Ongoing education opportunities.  Certifications especially.
2.Gear and gadgets. I don’t have to have a new laptop every year, but a regular swap out cycle is important. Same thing for phone and other gadgets. 3.Being a network admin I usually end up working late and weird hours. Comp time was always nice to have. This doesn’t apply to most techs so that was something I negotiated as part of my package.
4.Some sort of retirement.  401k, profit sharing, something.
5.Being on top of making deductions changes, and stuff is an important “benefit”. Making sure the w2s go out n time each year, etc.

Justin