From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:34:50 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] VOIP Providers

Once it hits the PSTN the quality is high and stays high.

I have spent the last 38 years working for the regulated side of the industry.
So I am biased, however hard to argue against SS7/DS0 for speed and quality of
connection.

If it is G.711/DS0 full rate PCM from one end to the other there will not be
jitter or latency.

So that I way I want VLAN to SIP gateway that is connected to a regional tandem
if I can get it.

I can create this myself, I already have rack space, colocation, transport and
connections. But there is no money in it for me to go to that work.