You put a pole 10% + 2' (IIRC) into the ground, so 70'?

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Christopher Gray" <cg...@graytechsoftware.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2017 6:24:01 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] what is the typical wind load of an 80' telephone pole?

What is the height of an installed 80' pole?

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 7:10 PM, < dmmoff...@gmail.com > wrote:

I'm impressed you can 80' wooden pole in for $5500. Here it was closer to
$10,000. Just the pole itself was a few $k. Transport from the yard to a
worksite was $2500. It's over the length limit for NYS roads, so we have to
have escort vehicles and file a plan with the DOT. Some pole contractors didn't
even want to do it.

Sent from my iPhone