I charge you for the Coke ? and the Fries separate from the Burger ?
or do you want to do a Combo Package ?

Most people often forget that for a Tier 1 provider, there is NO COST of IP
TRANSIT..
the cost is all but the cost of infrastructure, maintenance and operations...

So, weather it is translated into a 'pay for DIA' or pay for 'Port' it is all a
matter of presentation.

Is the internet access going to go to Zero Cost ? NO it is not (ever !)

Is the 'premium' charge for internet access going to become negligible ? Yes it
is ...

My 2 cents worth ...

BTW, we will be more than happy to sell IP Transit out of our POP's for less
than the rate we pay for to our UPstreams !

(Dallas / Miami/ Atlanta, Ashburn)

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom