From: "Christopher Tyler" <ch...@totalhighspeed.net>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:12:47 AM
Subject: [AFMUG] Link Utilization Monitoring

So, what are people using to monitor their backhaul links?

Specifically, how do you get notified when a link is getting close to
saturation? Does your solution take RF link quality into account or is it blind
to the actual, real-world link capabilities?

Looking for something that is fire and forget. I think that initial data entry
and updates will quickly become untenable if the responsibility for determining
the link speed is left to a manual process. For example, if I have to run a
link test to determine the link speed for every link, then that is going to be
a nightmare just for the initial data entry alone. If I have to do that even
once a week, it becomes a non-starter. By the time I was finished doing them
all, I'd immediately have to start over to keep the links even close to being
accurate. That would require a full-time employee just to handle that single
task.

I don't care if it's open or closed source, free or paid. I just need something
that works.

--
Christopher Tyler
MTCRE/MTCNA/MTCTCE/MTCWE