you have to generate a probe for each interface you want to monitor, may
get lucky and each device happens to use a standard oid and hppens to have
the same index, though thats rare, so say you have three devices, thats
three probes, that you need to name, if its a device with dynamic indexes
based on config, good luck, add more probes, if there are multiple
interfaces (like a router) and you dont maintain the same interface number
(monitoring RB1100ahx2 can require up to 13 different probes, just to
start, granted, those are routers) assuming you dont have vlans.. add more
probes. now is the thing, youre alerts are based on good bad warning and
down, so only 4 states. so if, say youre monitoring more than one thing per
device, (CPU, RX, TX, RSSI, CINR/SNR, etc, you have to make sure than you
reserve ob=ne of those states strictly for the alert you want)

not simple, if you actually monitor your gear in powercode

If the alerts could be tied to individual probes and be tailored to
individual devices, youd be golden, and it would be simple, but, alas, it
really is not right now