That's a fact.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jason McKemie" <j.mcke...@veloxinetbroadband.com>
To: "af@afmug.com" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 10/13/2017 1:26:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Apparently 477 is not enough

It seems a lot less cut and dried with wireless coverage.

On Friday, October 13, 2017, Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:
Right now NY State is funding construction in areas that have service because those service providers failed to supply any 477 data at all. They're also NOT funding construction in places that DON'T have service because someone touches the census block but doesn't serve everybody.

IMO, IF they're going to put public money into it, they either need to require that you only claim census blocks when you serve the entire thing, or do something more granular than census blocks. I don't know how hard this is in other states, but I can easily get E911 locations and compare to where service is available. It takes a trivial amount of time with GIS software.

Whether public money should be invested this way at all is a different question. I'm just saying IF they're going to do it, then census blocks is not accurate enough. Also, whatever they ask for you should submit it, otherwise you'll have somebody building on top of you with public money.