All the new controllers that I have seen have a dry contract for failures.
Of course the controller has to be working. I am afraid there are about a
dozen manufacturers each with several models. That's a pretty big matrix.

We just installed one last week with steady side lights because the
customer didn't want to apply for the new E class system without sidelights
so they have an all LED system with solid side lights and 3 flashing
beacons.

It has a dry contract off the controller.