Some of them mistakenly believe NEPA is required for all towers.

From: TJ Trout
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:35 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Conditional-use permit for tower

I just purchased a 7ac price of land for my primary residence and the site is a
great location for a tower site, but the local government is asking for a 30
page conditional use permit app with an environmental study and a public
comment period plus approval by the board of supervisors...

After that I have to obtain a building permit obviously.

Any tips on filling out this application so I can receive an approval?

Three of my competitors have a tower within 1 mile of this site and none of
them have gone through the planning or conditional use permit nor have they
received a building permit as far as I know. So I don't think they will be
asking me to co locate.

Any advice or tips? I guess this process can take as long as a year to be
completed and I'm not sure what the cost will be but I'm sure an environmental
impact study isn't cheap.

Thanks,

TJ