You should ask your provider, what is being handed to you..
Terminology means little....

Are you purchasing a lit circuit ? or a dark fiber / dark channel ?

If it is a lit circuit, you can expect / specify the hand-off on either SMF or
MM optics (SMF is more and more common).
If you are getting a Dark Fiber / Dark Channel, then ask them what type of
optics you need.

I highly doubt that you are being sold a dark fiber / dark channel..
very likely 10g Lit circuit.. (many carriers use the term Wave to differentiate
between Ethernet / MPLS circuits).

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom