You're mistaken, or the spec sheet is misleading.
They sell a 24V or 48V model. They do sell 12V batteries as an accessory, but you use two of them for the 24V or four for the 48V.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mathew Howard" <mhoward...@gmail.com>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: 1/30/2018 1:30:53 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Traco BCM

No, it can't get battery voltage... the BCMU360 uses a 12v battery - it has to be upconverting to 44v, and if that's the case, why 44v instead of 48v?

I was just looking at an ePMP 2000 AP I have sitting here, and it lists the minimum voltage as 42.5v, so that doesn't leave much room for voltage drop.