The BCMU360 is definitely 12VDC on the battery side. It uses an internal DC-DC converter. I'm using several. At 24, it puts out 24.0. And at 48, it puts out 48.0. Disconnect the power supply from the BCMU and make sure it's putting out 48.0. The transfer relay in the BCMU runs the load direct from the supply and switches to battery (and DC-DC) when it senses low input voltage. It puts out regulated 48 when on battery. But when the battery gets low, the voltage will sag. I think it's only about 80% efficient below 12.8VDC or so.

The pot on the BCMU is to adjust the battery float voltage. It should be set to 13.6 or 13.8 from the factory. The trick there is that if the battery is disconnected, it doesn't put out any voltage. I usually connect a new battery and let it sit running over night. Then put a meter on it the next day to see where it's at and adjust a bit if needed. You'll also want to do this at room temp with the remote probe disconnected.

The BCMU does have LVD. IIRC, the BATT-OK contact will open at 44-45VDC to give you an early warning. I believe the LVD cutoff is about 42VDC (which means the batt will be at 10.5, or 1.75 volts per cell which is a good limit for a stand-by UPS).

If you're getting 44 volts, as I said, check that the voltage adjust pot on the supply is set correctly with no load. Or you have too much load on it. I'm looking at a SiteMonitor right now and it shows 47.6. The 5ch PDU reports Vin = 480. TSP180-148 + BCMU360. Using about 100W at that site. I've got 200-ish foot runs and the radios all run fine.

On 1/30/2018 12:49 PM, Mathew Howard wrote:
If I'm looking at the same thing, that one has a built in AC/DC power supply... it's just adjusting the output voltage of the power supply, and there's no DC-DC converter involved, so it makes sense to just run on battery voltage (as far as I can tell it needs 24v or 48v batteries).

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Paul McCall <pa...@pdmnet.net <mailto:pa...@pdmnet.net>> wrote:

    Yet, the BCM-148 says adjustable Output up to 54v.  Unless you are
    on battery.  Silly

    *From:* Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com
    <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>] *On Behalf Of *Paul McCall
    *Sent:* Tuesday, January 30, 2018 1:35 PM

    *To:* af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Traco BCM

    Actually, the BCMU is the model that takes 12v in and upconverts
    it to 48V.  It charges the battery array (in parallel) to about
    13v per batter.  So, why in the world they would design a device
    that would upconvert that to anything less than 48v (without load)
    is just silly.  We have UBNT EP-S16s that will not turn on radios
    plugged in, if it gets anything less than 45.5 to 46 volts.

    But, even on the BCM-148, (where you run 48v in series, it seems
    to have the same design)  45v max output when on battery.

    Pretty bizzare