It definitely wouldn't be an easy thing to put together, and there would be
a lot of details that would have to be worked out.

The only way I can really see it working, would be if it was basically a
franchise system... local guy pays whatever franchise fees, and in exchange
gets to use the brand and gets a protected area (only protected from other
franchisees, obviously...), it would probably make sense to also take on
the role of a distributor, to some extent, and probably also provide some
level of customer support.

It could work, but I'm guessing getting a lot of existing WISPs to sign up
for something like that isn't going to be easy. The WISPs that already have
an established brand with a good local reputation aren't going to be crazy
about the idea of dumping all that and starting over with a new brand, and
the ones that don't... you aren't going to want involved (unless they're
brand new startups, but that's a whole different thing).