From: Mark - Myakka Technologies
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 9:22 AM
To: Chris Fabien
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Outdoor PON OLT

Chris,

You can do very creative things with splitters.  I just finished designing service to 64 lots down a 4.5 mile dirt road.  We didn't want to spend a bunch of money being there are only about 20 built house right now, but we wanted to make sure we were able to get everyone as they build in the future.  Using a combination of 1x4 and 1x2 splitters, we were able to design this on a 12 fiber drop cable.

--
Best regards,
Mark

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com

------

You have to change the splitter value as you go down the road. First few handhole might be a 5% the step to 10% Etc. I can usually run out about 12-15 handhole with various mix of mostly 2 and 4 cust per HH, if you are starting further from the cabinet, that hurts a bit of  course. Just set up a spreadsheet and play with it.