From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 3:01 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] anyone seen this letter yet

Hmm...If I made a contract saying I'd deliver 'X' performance to a business,
and I used a part-15 unlicensed radio, and someone came along and their radio
reduced my SNR; then yeah I suppose the radio interfering party is also
"interfering" with my contract.  I could also switch that client to another
band (2.4ghz, 24ghz, etc) to meet the obligations in my contract.  If all else
failed I could meet my obligations by buying them cable or fiber.  It would
suck, and I'd lose money on the deal, but I could do it.  The terms of my
contract can't alter FCC rules for radios.  Just as an example, a contract
between Adam Moffett and Verizon couldn't compel Mike Hammett to alter his
otherwise perfectly legal behavior.  Now suppose forcing Mike Hammett to alter
his behavior would give Verizon a competitive advantage in gaining and
retaining me as a customer.

I think I see what you're saying w/ regards to what they are saying about
contract interference.  I should hope no court sees it their way.