That's a good point but I think they are using some DBII 4.9 certified card.

Keefe

On 3/1/2018 4:57 PM, Rory Conaway wrote:

The first problem with this is the system probably isn’t even legal.  Mikrotik doesn’t have any certifications in 4.9Ghz, let alone high-power mask.

Rory

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Mark Radabaugh
*Sent:* Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:52 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] anyone seen this letter yet

and it never will.   But science and politicians don’t seem to go together very well.

Mark

On Mar 1, 2018, at 3:55 PM, Keefe John <keefe...@ethoplex.com <mailto:keefe...@ethoplex.com>> wrote:

There's a whole county in Wisconsin who's trying to get 4.9 ghz Mikrotik's to service mobile police cars.  They've been working on it for the better part of 7 years and have invested over a million dollars into the project.  It still doesn't work.

Keefe