You have that the other way around. A horn would be ideal in a mountain area.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Sean Heskett" <af...@zirkel.us>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:49:19 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Rfelements

I Totally agree with josh.

They have a specific purpose so if you can deploy within those parameters they
are great.

Unfortunately our area isn’t conducive to that type of deployment because of
terrain. In the mountains you need antennas with a wider vertical beam because
your towers are on mtn peaks and some clients are same height as the tower and
other clients are on the valley floor. It’s hard to use a spot beam to cover
all that.

In the Midwest or other flat areas I could see them being useful to spot beam
the population centers.

-Sean