We have 8 APs on a mountain top, 2000 feet above the valley we’re covering.
We used to use 45 degree UBNT sectors here (with less APs due to space of the
sectors).
Moved to primarily 30 degree horns, with a couple of 40s.
We’re better off now.  You just have to plan in advance what you want to
cover..
We have different APs for “close” and “far” due to the spot beam.
Took a bit of fine tuning to get the coverage we wanted, but we’re better off
because of it.