We have a problem where the AI Mind is calling Indicative() two times in a
row for no good reason. After a what-think query, the AI is supposed to
call Indicative() a first time, then ConJoin(), and then Indicative()
again. We could make the governance depend upon either the 840=THINK verb
or upon the conj-flag from the ConJoin() module, which, however, is not set
positive until control flows the first time through the Indicative()
module. Although we have been setting conj back to zero at the end of
ConJoin(), we could delay the resetting in order to use conjas a
control-flag for whether or not to generate thought-clauses joined by one
or more conjunctions. Such a method shifts the problem back to the
ConJoin() module, which will probably have to check conceptual memory for
how many ideas have high activation above a certain threshold for
warranting the use of a conjunction. Accordingly we go into the Table of
Variables webpage and we write a description of conj as a two-purpose
variable. Then we need to decide where to reset conj back to zero, if not
at the end of Indicative(). We move the zero-reset of conjfrom ConJoin() to
the EnThink() module, and we stop getting more than one call to
Indicative() in normal circumstances. However, when we input a what-query,
which sets the whatcon variable to a positive one, we encounter problems.

Suddenly it looks as though answers to a what-think query have been coming
not from SpreadAct(), but simply from the activation of the 840=THINK
concept. It turns out that a line of "psyExam" code was missing from a
SpreadAct() search-loop, with the result that no engrams were being found
or activated -- which activation is the main job of the SpreadAct() module.

--
http://ai.neocities.org/AiMind.html
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0595654371

https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T7d4ef049c1079ece-Mecbd29a8ca6e95dc7ac2ef18