Arthur,

Every time you start posting about your "AI Mind" app I briefly go and look at
the JS source, "View page source" from the web browser, and here are a few
thoughts (after working with thousands of source codes over the years, and
instead of me just saying "If there were an example of how not to write an AI
app this would be it"):

1. Ancient source code started when variable names were required to be short
due to memory constraints, programmer laziness, and/or unprofessional
selfishness.

2. App code has never been truly refined out of small memory constraints.

3. Code is intentionally obscure to hide non-understandings but provide a sense
of security to author and others by representing "something" abstractly.

4. Obscure code to deceive readers - or - honestly and unintentionally hiding
the misunderstood complexity of subject by making a first-person reasonable
effort at understanding but unprovably failing.

5. Code probably cannot be clearly rewritten since there are obscured forgotten
memories of misunderstood concepts though somewhat indexed by dates as comments.

6. All these things encrusted over time... layer after layer... often hosted as
a talking point, a reference point for similar related limitations.

7. - OR - with very low probability, there is real genius hidden in said code,
loops and loops of abstract recursive representations, the most advanced
chat-bot ever created... but I have not the time or energy to investigate
further as I assume few have, perhaps another intention of said app is to wear
out the seeker of such truths? I cannot rule-out that this app is actually
towards some really great AI but unfortunately it looks like the opposite and
is childishly underpowered and frivolously incomplete.

But there is some sort of novelty to this I suppose.

If there were a museum of coding oddities this would definitely be top 10.

IMO the code one writes is a reflection of oneself, a projection of sort. "AI
Mind" is more about you Arthur, your mind over time, and much is revealed.

So, you can imagine if an AGI were to attempt to kludgely hack out some
representation of a mind in similar circumstance what would it "hide", limit,
and represent at the same time? What would it look like?

Note JavaScript and JavaScript AI is becoming increasingly advanced. For
example, see FAQ auto-creators, bot builders, etc. that use JS and Typescript
is a very powerful abstraction of JS that is surprisingly becoming widely
adopted...

John

https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T7d4ef049c1079ece-M6a7c94400bd97137369b5f87
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups