Logarithmic is the inverse of exponential. So another way to state that
intelligence increases with the log of computing power is that while global
computing power doubled every 1.5 years since 1950  (exponential),
intelligence (measured by GDP) increased almost linearly, about 3% per
year. (And 40% of this growth is due to population growth rather than
technology).

Whether this growth speeds up, leading to a singularity, or slows down due
to resource limitations, is a matter of debate that can only be resolved by
waiting for the future to happen. Personally I think it will slow.