A man in Germany got 217 covid jabs over the last 2 years and is doing
fine.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/06/health/covid-217-shots-hypervaccination-lancet/index.html

Also I have been eating foods containing DNA every day of my life without
any bad effects.

But I wonder how we will respond to existential threats in the future, like
genetically engineered pathogens or self replicating nanotechnology. The
vaccine was the one bright spot in our mostly bungled response to covid-19.
We have never before developed a vaccine to a novel disease this fast, just
over a year from identifying the virus to widespread distribution.

Of course it is impossible to know the long term effects of any medical
intervention without long term testing. It is a necessary risk, but it paid
off this time saving several million lives, in part by forcing the virus to
evolve into a less virulent form.

It is unfortunate that the response became political due to policy inertia.
It makes no sense to restrict travel across borders when the disease is
already endemic on both sides. But nobody loses their job for following the
same policy as everyone else. We should be mistrusting the politicians, not
the scientists who are telling us how the disease spreads.

Self replicating nanotechnology displacing DNA based life is at least a
century away at the rate of Moore's law. Engineered pathogens are closer,
but unlikely to cause human extinction because it is really hard to test
them secretly and achieve a 100% fatality rate, rather than 99.9%.

The most immediate threat from AI is that we prefer its company to humans
and stop reproducing. We are witnessing the transition from human generated
social media to human moderated to AI moderated to AI generated. The good
thing about AI censorship is that it happens without anyone being aware of
it. That's also the bad thing.