On Monday, June 17, 2024, at 5:07 PM, Mike Archbold wrote:
> It seems like a reasonable start  as a basis. I don't see how it relates to
> consciousness really, except that I think they emphasize a real time aspect
> and a flow of time which is good.

If you read the appendix a few times you will begin to build up a mental
CAD-like model of their computational consciousness structure. They walk you
through quite well with various viewpoints and citations. You could pull out
the word "consciousness" and supplant it with other words like attention
allocation, prescience, sagacity, omniscience, etc. but the comparisons with
our own operational consciousness helps and provides a cohesive synthesis of
various aspects as well as correlates to other disciplines.