The problems with using 'consciousness' in your design somehow are
manifold. First of all it is notoriously difficult to define in humans.  We
had a meetup event with a writeup featuring a practically unlimited number
of definitions. But then if you GO FURTHER and then apply it to your
machine,  that is 'conscious' claims of any nature, despite the arguments
to the contrary, we all know that silicon isn't conscious in any real
definition, and it immediately arouses suspicion. IMO it would be better to
only claim a certain degree of structural and functional similarity with
the mind.