On Sat, Jul 25, 2026, 7:40 AM John Rose via AGI <[email protected]>
wrote:

There is still a possibility in American to form a country within a country.

Under the rules for sortocracy, the US could close the borders to your new
country and nobody could leave or import anything. Are you prepared to grow
your own food and build your own transportation infrastructure, including
mining the iron to build it? I assume until then you would be plowing the
fields with stone tools, harvesting by hand, and storing food underground
with ice stocked from last winter. Do you have enough horses?

Usually when a country tries to secede from another, the result is war, in
this case with the largest military in the world. Sortocracy would not
allow this second option, presumably by invoking an even larger military
force to enforce the rules to allocate territory with a market value
proportional to your population. I'm not sure how that would work because I
missed the point about minimum argument surface.

-- Matt Mahoney, [email protected]

------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T5b58bcc51c493d41-M3f6b964f457bbbd795e9577e
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to