On Monday, September 21, 2026, at 4:30 AM, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> I dislike limiting myself to just automata and turing machines. These are 
> deterministic, and fail to capture the full variety of dynamical systems. 
> This is where almost all mistakes get made in these kinds of arguments, when 
> conducted at the casual level. 

Certainly. I don't consider it as a mistake and an argument. I reference 
automata as a utilitarian handle on establishing and established protocol for 
the computational communication purposes of forming and connecting AI 
structures in code. Protocols form and change as do the entities that do the 
communication. What minimalist mathematical structure could be used to describe 
communication endpoints between some of the more interesting dynamical systems 
from an informational physics perspective? I've been looking for those... and 
am curious to see if those reduce to automata.

------------------------------------------
Artificial General Intelligence List: AGI
Permalink: 
https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T9e51fc70bbc4e9fc-M831b5a3ab6d96670f33c3b09
Delivery options: https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription

Reply via email to