Eliezer> unless P != NP and the concepts are genuinely encrypted.  And

I am of course assuming P != NP, which seems to me a safe assumption.
If P = NP, and mind exploits that fact (which I don't believe) then
we are at a serious handicap in producing an AGI till we understand
why P = NP, but it will become a lot easier afterward!

I'm not, of course, saying that there was some "intent" or
evolutionary advantage to encryption, just that it very naturally
occurs. Evolution picks a grammar bias, for example. One is as good as
another, more or less, so it picks one. The AGI doesn't get the
privilege, though, it has to solve a learning problem, and such
learning problems are mostly known to be NP-hard. (We might, of
course, give it the grammar bias, rather than requiring it to learn
it, but alas, we don't know how to describe it... linguists study this
problem, but it has been too hard to solve...)

So Pei's comments are in some sense wishes. To be charitable--
maybe I should say beliefs supported by his experience.
But they are not established facts. It remains a possibility,
supported by reasonable evidence,
that language learning may be an intractable additional step
on top of building a program achieving other aspects of intelligence.