rooftop8000 wrote:
I think we should somehow allow people to use all the program languages they
want.
That "somehow" is the big problem. Most approaches to dealing with it are...lamentable.
You can use closed modules if you have meta-information on
how to use them and what they do. It's like having an API and not
worrying about the inner workings...
Module level communication is probably too low a level. Socket level communication can work easily between arbitrary languages, but it's cumbersome, so it's generally best if you have large sections devoted to any particular language.

P.S.: There are exceptions. E.g. D claims to work well with C, and Pyrex works well with C. OTOH, D and Python each have their own garbage collection mechanism, and they don't synchronize at all, so going from Python to C to D (or conversely) is going to have a lot of overhead. Add Java to the mix and you have THREE garbage collectors. Haskell would make four. This isn't something you're going to want to carry around for a small chunk of code. Better if it's large pieces that talk over TCP/IP, or something analogous. (And TCP/IP is ubiquitous.)