From: Ben Goertzel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:57 AM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] My proposal for an AGI agenda

>  For people who might be interested in influencing some of the
> features of this system, I would appreciate them looking at my
> documentation at www.rccconsulting.com/hal.htm
> <http://www.rccconsulting.com/hal.htm>  Although my system isn't quite
> ready for alpha distribution yet, I expect that it will be within a
> few months.  People that help with the alpha and beta testing will be
> given consideration on the use of the system in the future even if
> they don't participate in the AGI development.
>
> When this project goes ahead, I think even Ben (who has a huge
> intellectual and financial investment in his Novamente project) will
> be interested in the experiments and results a system like I am
> proposing will have, even if he never interfaces his program with it.
>

> <http://v2.listbox.com/member/?list_id=303>

Your programming language looks interesting, and well designed in many
ways, but I have never been convinced that the inadequacies of current
programming languages are a significant cause of the slow progress we
have seen toward AGI.

If you were introducing a radically new programming paradigm for AGI, I
would be more interested....  Not that I think this is necessary to
achieve AGI, but I would find it more intellectually stimulating ;-)

Regarding languages, I personally am a big fan of both Ruby and
Haskell.  But, for Novamente we use C++ for reasons of scalability.

-- Ben

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?list_id=303