Why not instead of  "simple English" versus "simple English and new
language" the comparison was "more advanced English" versus "simple English
and new language"?  Why not spend the extra you show for Lojban and use more
complicated English instead?

Getting the system to understand complex English is the GOAL

Getting the system to understand Lojban is a potential means for
accelerating the path to that goal...

> which should give it an advantage over a child in terms of more easily
> building an understanding of what is being said to it.

What about context, understanding?  Do you agree or disagree with my point
that they are the problem to be solved regardless of the language used?

Yes

I think you underestimate the problem of having to teach all AGI teachers a
foreign, complicated language that they would use nowhere else.

It's a small problem compared to the problem of creating a human-level
thinking machine ;-=)

ben