I have an intuition about language learning...

There're 2 different approaches:

A. Learning like a human baby.  Start with single words, and then proceed to
simple sentences, and so on.  Each successive "layer" building on the
foundation of lower layers.

B. Learning directly from "adult" text corpuses, ie going directly from age
0 to age 6.

My intuition is that B requires exponentially more computation than A.  In
other words, the "layers-based" learning pathway reduces computational
complexity *logarithmically*.  But I don't know how to prove it.  Does it
make sense?  Can someone corroborate?

If this is correct, then we must start with simple sentences (Basic English)
and not with mining the web or newspapers.

YKY