On 6/6/07, Derek Zahn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 D.  There are no "consortiums" to join.

 I see talk about "joining" Novamente, but are they hiring?  It might be
possible to volunteer to work on peripheral things like AGISIM, but I sort
of doubt that Ben is eager to train volunteers on the AGI-type code itself.
On average, the cost/benefit of that would probably be quite poor.

 I see that AdaptiveAI has an opening for a programmer.  We don't talk about
them much, probably because they have chosen not to make much information
availableabout what they're up to, beyond Peter Voss's vague overview paper.

I think, that with understanding of what major projects are up to, a
new startup should aim into "complementary space" (and to interoperate
at some stage). Otherwise, I would insist on joining an existing
project, unless they really are "over the threshold" with manpower.