To: <agi@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:53 PM
Subject: **SPAM** Re: [agi] Religion-free technical content

On 10/2/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Wrong. There *are* some absolute answers. There are some obvious universal
"Thou shalt not"s that are necessary unless you're rabidly anti-community
(which is not conducive to anyone's survival -- and if you want to argue
that community survival isn't absolute, then I'll just cheerfully ignore
you).

I see "community", or rather cooperation, as essential to morality.
(Quite ironic that you would write someone off for disagreement over
the value of community!)

As for moral absolutes, they fail due the non-existence of an absolute context.

As for moral universals, humans can get pretty close to universal
agreement on some key principles, but this is true only to the extent
that we share common values-assessment function based on shared
cultural, genetic, physical... heritage.)  So not quite universal now,
and bound to broaden.  Do you really think you can show an example of
a true moral universal?

- Jef

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;