> Do you really think you can show an example of a true moral universal?

Thou shalt not destroy the universe.
Thou shalt not kill every living and/or sentient being including yourself.
Thou shalt not kill every living and/or sentient except yourself.

Mark, this is so PHIL101.  Do you *really* think there aren't people,
now or conceivable in another time, who could in full sincerity
violate any of these?   Think cult-mentality for starters.

There are people who could in full sincerity violate *any* statement. All you have to be is stupid enough, deluded enough, dishonest enough, or any one of a thousand pathologies. The (until now unrealized by me) PHIL 101 is that you are arguing unrealistic infinities that serve no purpose other than mental masturbation.

Do you *really* think that any of those three statements shouldn't be embraced regardless of circumstances (and don't give me ridiculous crap like "Well, if the universe was only inflicting suffering on everyone . . . . ")

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jef Allbright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On 10/2/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do you really think you can show an example of a true moral universal?

Thou shalt not destroy the universe.
Thou shalt not kill every living and/or sentient being including yourself.
Thou shalt not kill every living and/or sentient except yourself.

Mark, this is so PHIL101.  Do you *really* think there aren't people,
now or conceivable in another time, who could in full sincerity
violate any of these?   Think cult-mentality for starters.

I'm not going to cheerfully right you off now, but feel free to have
the last word as I can't afford any more time for this right now.

- Jef

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;