On 10/7/07, Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> That's interesting perspective - it defines a class of series
> generators (where for example in GoL one element is the whole board on
> given tick) that generate intelligence through evolution in
> time-efficient way, and poses a question: what is the simplest
> instance of this class?

If we accept Occam's razor plus some form of anthropic reasoning, we
could conjecture that our universe is the simplest instance of this
class, since if there were a simpler one we would (with high
probability) have found ourselves in that universe rather than this
one.

(Mental health warning: the above is hopefully-amusing philosophical
conjecture only, and should not be confused with science.)