On 10/7/07, Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is having the unfortunate side-effect that as each point is
> presented, you are interpreting it and (especially) running on ahead
> with it in directions that do not have any relation to my argument.

'Running ahead' part can be incorrect if starting point (my
interpretation of given single point) is incorrect, in which case this
single point should be corrected, and 'running ahead' part ignored, so
it in itself doesn't have any weight. You are still to point at what's
wrong with any given interpretation I wrote. Whole point of extracting
small simple statements is in that they can be quickly iterated up to
agreement, establishing common ground. But you usually end up saying
"it contradicts my whole paper" and giving another summary which is
not constructive and wastes your time.

--
Vladimir Nesov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]