Vladimir,

I say the following without meaning to be critical.

In what I wrote yesterday, I was trying to establish the first point in the sequence of points that make up the argument in my paper.

What is happening, in this discussion, is that you are trying to ask me to present the entire argument that was in the paper, but only one step at a time. That seems fair enough, by itself, except that .....

This is having the unfortunate side-effect that as each point is presented, you are interpreting it and (especially) running on ahead with it in directions that do not have any relation to my argument.

The paper I wrote was a single coherent whole, and this process of breaking it up is getting crazy. I find myself continually trying to explain that this or that argument has nothing to do with what I wrote.

Please ignore the paper. It is intended for a different audience than most of the people on this list.

Richard Loosemore

Vladimir Nesov wrote:
Richard,

Any problem can be stated as search for results that satisfy given
constraints. What you state here doesn't seem to contradict what I