Just to underline my point about the common sense foundations of logic and general intelligence - I came across this from : Education & Learning to Think by Lauren B Resnick - (and a section entitled "General Reasoning - Improving Intelligence).

"Recent research in science problem solving shows that experts do not respond to problems as they are presented - writing equations for every relationship described and then using routine procedures for manipulating equations.Instead they reinterpret the problems, recasting them in terms of general scientific principles until the solutions become almost self-evident."

He points out that the same principles apply to virtually all subjects in the curriculum. I would suggest that those experts are recasting problems principally in terms of physical common sense models. NARS, it seems to me, "responds to problems as they are presented."