On 11/1/07, Linas Vepstas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> More importantly, I've started struggling with representing
> conversational state. i.e. "what are we talking about?" "what
> has been said so far?" I've got some inkling on how to expand
> conversational state, but its ad hoc so far.
>
> Thus, I find that my interests are now turning to representing
> conversational state. How does novamente deal with it? What
> about Pei Wang's NARS? It seems that NARS is a reasoning system;
> great; but what is holding me back right now is not an ability
> to reason per-se, but the ability to maintain a conversational
> state.

I haven't done anything concrete on NLP yet. For why NLP is treated as
an optional part of NARS and my plan for it, see
http://nars.wang.googlepages.com/wang.roadmap.pdf

As for what you called "conversational state", my plan is to remember
the past conversation as "events", not as explicitly defined "states"
(as those defined in search or planning systems).

Pei