--- "YKY (Yan King Yin)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Although it is possible to "fully integrate" NL into AGI, such an endeavor
> may not be the highest priority at this moment.  It can give the AGI better
> linguistic abilities, such as understanding human-made texts or speeches,
> even poetry, but I think there're higher priorities than this (eg, learning
> how to do math, how to program, etc).

Computers are already pretty good at math.  But I think before they can write
or debug programs, they will need natural language so you can tell them what
to write.  Otherwise, all you have is a compiler.  At least human programmers
learn to speak before they can write code.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]