On 11/3/07, Vladimir Nesov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/3/07, Linas Vepstas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Because absolutely no one has proposed anything better?
>
> It's not enough: there should be a reason why this road is at least any
good.

Linas:

Actually I think your work along this path is valuable.  You may join Ben's
OpenCog project which will be launched soon (I heard) and also has an NLP
module.  I'd be interested in employing one of these *"ad hoc"* NLP modules
in my AGI.

Although it is possible to "fully integrate" NL into AGI, such an endeavor
may not be the highest priority at this moment.  It can give the AGI better
linguistic abilities, such as understanding human-made texts or speeches,
even poetry, but I think there're higher priorities than this (eg, learning
how to do math, how to program, etc).

YKY