Jiri Jelinek wrote:
Is this really what you *want*?
Out of all the infinite possibilities, this is the world in which you
would most want to live?

Yes, great feelings only (for as many people as possible) and the
"engine" being continuously improved by AGI which would also take care
of all related tasks including safety issues etc. The quality of our
life is in feelings. Or do we know anything better? We do what we do
for feelings and we alter them very indirectly. We can optimize and
get the greatest stuff allowed by the "current" design by direct
altering/stimulations (changes would be required so we can take it
non-stop). Whatever you enjoy, it's not really the thing you are
doing. It's the triggered feeling which can be obtained and
intensified more directly. We don't know exactly how those great
feelings (/qualia) work, but there is a number of chemicals and brain
regions known to play key roles.

I didn't ask whether it's possible. I'm quite aware that it's possible. I'm asking if this is what you want for yourself. Not what you think that you "ought to logically want", but what you really want.

Is this what you lived for? Is this the most that Jiri Jelinek wants to be, wants to aspire to? Forget, for the moment, what you think is possible - if you could have anything you wanted, is this the end you would wish for yourself, more than anything else?