Ed Porter wrote:
Richard,

I read your core definitions of "computationally irreducabile" and
"global-local disconnect" and by themselves they really don't distinguish
very well between complicated and "complex".

That paper was not designed to be a "complex systems for absolute beginners" paper, so these definitions work very well for anyone who has even a little background knowledge of complex systems.

Richard Loosemore

But I did assume from your paper and other writings you meant "complex"
although your core definitions are not very clear about the distinction.

Ed Porter