Benjamin Goertzel wrote:
[snip]
And neither you nor anyone else has ever made a cogent argument that
emulating the brain is the ONLY route to creating powerful AGI.  The closest
thing to such an argument that I've seen
was given by Eric Baum in his book "What Is
Thought?", and I note that Eric has backed away somewhat from that
position lately.

This is a pretty outrageous statement to make, given that you know full well that I have done exactly that.

You may not agree with the argument, but that is not the same as asserting that the argument does not exist.

Unless you were meaning "emulating the brain" in the sense of emulating it ONLY at the low level of neural wiring, which I do not advocate.

Richard Loosemore